Skip to main content

Hangers

It's surprising to see what everything costs here. On one hand, I can get a bundle of broccoli for 25 cents. On the other hand, hangers are so expensive! Who would've thought? For example, this hanger is 10 dollars! Maybe that's normal, even for the states, but seriously! That's more than I've ever paid for a shirt!
In the next picture you'll notice that there are 4 plastic hangers in the package. How much, you ask? Over 5 bucks! I used to work at a thrift store, and we sold these kind of hangers for 5 cents each! Crazzzzy!
Well, that's all I can think of to write about hangers. If you have any good hanger stories, let me know. I guess it should be noted that I'm wearing a cool pink sweater in these pictures. Which brings me to another point: That is me, Janna, in these pictures. Daniel does not wear pink. However, If Brad Reimers asked him to, he probably would.

Comments

  1. I wouldn't do nothing for Brad. But for Joe and those big beautiful eyes. Yeppers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya J! That's how it is in Argentina too with hangers... so expensive! When we were living there last yr I would save up little by little and buy 2 hangers here, 4 hangers there and add too my collection... even though I just wanted things to be organized and have a bunch of hangers right from the start!... Ridiculoso!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Ukrainians act during missile strikes

     I have been in Ukraine during many air raid alerts and have been close enough to hear and feel a number of explosions (primarily Russian missile being shot out of the sky), but, strangely, I haven’t actually been around Ukrainians throughout the duration of an air raid until this past week.   I had gone to a small warehouse store where I buy nails for my framing gun.  In the middle of placing my order, everyone’s phones started dinging.  Kyiv was under an air raid alert.  The young man who was helping me just kept working on his computer, but his colleague immediately stood up, looking at her phone and started wondering out loud if we should go to a shelter or if we should stay put.  Within a few seconds another worker came in from outside, and a lady came down the stairs.  They were all on their phones.   “Ballistic missiles.”   said the man “… heading towards the Kyiv area.”  Said the woman who had just come d...

The power of a hug

Three weeks ago at church, Masha sat next to me.   Masha is ten, has Downs Syndrome and is a fantastic hugger.  She just loves hugging.  So I try to always stop and hug her back.  During the service, she came in and sat between me and her dad, for a while she loved on her dad and then she leaned her head on my shoulder, so I leaned my head over onto hers, and she looked up at me with this big smile.  She reached around and gave me a shoulder hug, and then patted my head, and then rubbed my back for a few minutes.  I didn’t move the entire time because it just felt so good.  It was just simple, innocent affection, and it sent tingles up my spine.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about you need more hugs and back scratches. Human contact is so important.  That’s why I try and hug the kids when we go up to the orphanage.  These are just a few stories of some of the hugs I’ve given and gotten this past month, and why hugs are so imp...

The Costs of Dehumanization

  Our friends, Marina and Ira, have family in Russia.   Not long after the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion, they spoke with those family members.   Those in Russia expressed their disgust that people in Ukraine were eating children.   Marina and Ira’s reaction was naturally surprise and horror.   In the early days of the war, back in 2014, state-controlled Russian news agencies had started to run a story about a young boy that had been crucified in Ukraine’s eastern territories.  The narrative was that this was what Ukrainians were doing to Russian speakers.  It didn’t take long for the story to be debunked.  But this was primarily outside of Russia, most people within Russia kept hearing this story, and stories like it. Over the years, the stories grew to the point where Russian citizens were hearing that Ukrainians were regularly eating babies.   This is why Marina and Ira were having this conversation.  They told their r...